Per Providence City Code 5-1-12 titled Dog Licensing:
- Dogs that live in Providence City must have a license by the age of 2 months.
- Licenses cover the calendar year in which the they are issued, expiring on December 31 of the year of issuance, regardless of the date when issued.
- The annual fee is due January 1, and delinquent after January 31 of each year.
- Dogs are required to have proof of a current rabies vaccination to receive a license.
- Those with more than three (3) dogs, over the age of 3 months, at the same residence shall be required to pay a kennel fee in addition to licenses.
- Providence City does not allow dogs in the parks, whether on a leash or otherwise. (Exception: Von Baer Park Trail and Brookside Park walking/jogging path).
Unaltered Dog – $25
Sterilized Dog – $15
Kennel License – $150, required in addition to licenses if you have three or more dogs.
Late fee for renewals received on or after February 1 – $10
Replacement Tag – $1
If you are new to Providence City or just added a fury friend to your household, apply and pay for a NEW LICENSE online. Scroll down to the Dog License application, click the paper icon, and remember to upload a copy of your dog’s rabies certification when prompted.
Renewals & Other Useful Information
To renew your dog license, report a lost tag, report a lost/found dog, or to notify us your beloved dog has either been re-homed or crossed the rainbow bridge, please contact us at (435) 752-9441.
Complaints, Violations and Emergencies
Contact the Cache County Sheriff via Dispatch at: (435) 753-7555.
Dog License Specialist
(435) 752-9441, Ext. 201