Mission: To provide fun and social opportunities for youth to develop mature citizenship, leadership, a sense of personal achievement, community service and understanding of government.
The Providence City Youth Council is open to Providence City youth entering grades 8 – 12. It is a great opportunity to learn about local government, help solve problems, perform service, and build your resume.
Generally, the youth council meets once per month. We plan service and activities in small committees and meet together to have fun and execute the events.
Follow us on Instagram @prov_youth_council and invite your friends!
Activity Schedule (subject to change)
August: Help with City Celebration
September: Choose theme, activities and set committees (Committees plan activity details)
October: Swearing In, New Officers, and Learn about City Government
November: Service Activity
December: Help with City Christmas Tree Lighting Celebration
January: Night Ski Party
February: Day at the Legislature in Salt Lake City
March: 3-day Leadership Conference at USU – for those who qualify
April: Execute City Easter Egg Hunt
May: Get float ready for summer
Youth Council application Period: April 1 to May 31. Click Here to apply!
We are also looking for Youth Council advisors. If you enjoy working with youth and serving the community, please contact Council Member Carrie Kirk, (435) 757-1444, email@example.com.
Please agree to the following expectations for Providence Youth Council members:
Meetings & Activities:
- Attend and participate in monthly planning meetings, and activities.
- Find your own transportation to and from meetings and activities.
- Fulfill your responsibilities/assignments, and report on them at the meetings.
- Come prepared to participate and work!
- Wear your PYC t-shirt to ALL activities.
Code of Conduct:
- Conduct yourself in a positive, friendly and law-abiding manner at all times.
- Show respect for self and others in dress and language.
- Arrive on time to meetings and activities (5 minutes early!).
- You must attend 75% of the activities/meetings in order to receive your certificate of completion, and qualify for a letter of recommendation.
- If you can’t come, PLEASE call/text and excuse your absence with an Advisor for half credit.
- Leadership Conference eligibility is determined by highest attendance for
9th – 12th grade youth members.
For information please call Council Member Carrie Kirk at (435) 752-9441, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.