Mission: To provide opportunities for youth to develop mature citizenship, leadership, a sense of personal achievement, community service and understanding of government.
The Providence City Youth Council is open to Providence City youth entering grades 8 – 12. It is a great opportunity to learn about local government, help solve problems, perform service, and accomplish goals of the community.
Generally, the youth council meets twice per month at the Providence City Offices. One meeting is a planning meeting and the other meeting is an activity or guest speaker.
Follow us on Instagram @prov_youth_council and invite your friends!
Fall Ball UPDATE LOCATION CHANGE – October 8, 2021
All youth 8th-12th grades are invited to the casual Fall Ball this Friday, October 8 from 7-10 PM. We will have a fantastic DJ, great refreshments, and fun prizes. Due to weather, the location is changed to the church gym 180 South 485 West, Providence. Gather your friends and join us for a fun evening.
Activity Schedule (subject to change)
Sample Activity Schedule:
August: Help with City Movie in the Park
September: Choose theme, activities and set committees (Committees plan activity details)
October: Swearing In, New Officers, and Learn about City Government
November: Service Activity
December: Help with City Christmas Tree Lighting Celebration
January: Night Ski Party
February: Valentines Service Activity
March: Leadership Conference for those who qualify
April: Execute City Easter Egg Hunt
May: Get float ready for summer
We are also looking for youth council advisors.
Please agree to the following expectations for Providence Youth Council members:
Meetings & Activities:
- Attend and participate in monthly planning meetings, and activities.
- Find your own transportation to and from meetings and activities.
- Fulfill your responsibilities/assignments, and report on them at the meetings.
- Come prepared to participate and work!
- Wear your PYC t-shirt to ALL activities!!
Code of Conduct:
- Conduct yourself in a positive, friendly and law-abiding manner at all times.
- Show respect for self and others in dress and language.
- Arrive on time to meetings and activities (5 minutes early!).
- You must attend 75% of the activities/meetings in order to receive your certificate of completion, and qualify for a letter of recommendation.
- If you can’t come, PLEASE call/text and excuse your absence with an Advisor for half credit.
- Leadership Conference eligibility is determined by highest attendance for
9th – 12th grade youth members.
Questions? Contact PYC advisors:
Carrie Kirk 435-757-1444
For information please call Council Member Carrie Kirk at 435-752-9441, or email firstname.lastname@example.org